Before finding out how you can save any picture you find, let’s focus a bit on those users who want to keep the photos they take with their phones, share them on Instagram, and then want to keep them on a PC.
We’re going to presume that you want to save the edited photos you post on the social network. Otherwise, if you want the original images, you can easily get them from your phone.
This is actually a basic feature Instagram offers, but it just needs to be enabled.
- Log in to your Instagram account from the app
- Open the app and go to the Settings icon, on the top left corner of your profile
- Enable the Save Original Photos feature
Every time you posts a phone, it will be automatically saved to your Camera Roll, in an album named Instagram.
On the other side, if you want to save them using just a PC, the procedure is a bit different.
Instagram doesn’t allow downloading photos from their website, so you need to get into a bit of code. But don’t worry, it’s actually very easy. In order to do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Instagram.com and log in
- Look for the photo you want to save and right-click on it
- If you’re using Chrome, select View Page Source. This will take you to a page full of code
- Click Ctrl + F/Cmd + F and search for “.jpg”. The first link that will be highlighted is the photo you selected
- Copy the photo’s URL, starting with “https://” until “.jpg”
- Open a new browser tab and copy the URL, then hit Enter. You should see the photo
- Right click on the photo and save it in a folder of your choice
An alternative method would be to sync Instagram with your Facebook account. Everything you’ll upload a new image, it will also be posted on Facebook. There, all Instagram posts will be organized in an album, so you can easily download all of your images.